Eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t be festive! With our “Candy Corn” in a Cup recipe you can feel good about what you put into your body while celebrating the change of season and Halloween!
Just say NO to the artificial coloring and sugar of regular Candy Corn and say YES to oranges and tangerines, which bring a burst of color and are packed with Vitamin C. vitamin A, folate, potassium and fiber.
Next add, the Pineapple which brings a splash of yellow and supports our immune system with disease-fighting antioxidants, that also suppresses inflammation, and improves circulation!!
Pineapple also contains Bromelain, an enzyme often used as a supplement for various health benefits, including relieving sinus problems, reducing inflammation, and improving digestion, which can all aid in weight loss.
Finally for the top of this healthy treat make your own whipped cream and take control over what you eat! By making whipped cream at home you can choose organic and create a topping to your taste by adding just enough Stevia to meet your palate.
Candy Corn in a cup
- 4 Oranges/Tangerines
- 1 Pineapple
- Homemade, Organic Whipped Cream
- Peel your tangerines and pull apart the different wedges. Set aside.
- Cut apart your pineapple and cut out small, bite sized chunks.
- To make your own whipped cream you can pick up organic ‘heavy whipping cream’ at your local grocery store and whip it at the highest speed in your blender or mixer. Add stevia to taste. Super easy!
- In small, glass cups put a layer of pineapple in the bottom, add a layer of tangerine wedges on top, and finally top with a bit of whipped cream. Serve chilled.
- This treat is a fun, tastier, and much healthier alternative to candy corn, and so easy!