Summertime, the time to dust off your suitcase and travel! But, how can you travel healthfully and on a budget?
Traveling should be fun! If you take some time to prepare prior to being “on-the-road” you can make the most of your budget and stay health-focused while you’re away!
It may seem overwhelming to consider how much preparation your trip will take, but just remember we focus on PROGRESS, not perfection. Every time you travel you can incorporate a little more, and feel at ease knowing that you are serving your body well!
Here are some of our favorite recommended travel tips:
- Make a List
- Pack Accordingly
- Repackage if needed to save space
- Soft, secure packaging can help
- Protection from spills
- Pack risky items in baggies to protect the rest of your luggage.
- Weight – Think Light
- Re-think heavier or high-volume items or items in bulky packaging.
- Pack only what you need or purchase what you can when you get to your destination
- PLAN AHEAD
- Will your destination have a refrigerator?
- Can you purchase certain grocery items there?
- Order ahead on Thrive Market and save $$
- Enjoy Yourself
- You’re on vacation – treats are OKAY! Plan ahead with healthy treats so you never feel deprived.