This recipe for “Burger Bowls” is easy, delicious, and full of healthy, nourishing ingredients.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 2 heads of Lettuce, Washed and Chopped
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 C Cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 C Pickles, Diced
- 1/2 C Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 1/4 C Red Onion, Diced
- 4-6 Strips of Bacon, Cooked and Chopped
- 1 C Mayo
- 1/4 C Ketchup
- 2 Tsp Horseradish
- 1 Tsp Coconut Aminos
- Hot Sauce, a few dashes (optional)
- Brown your ground beef in a skillet, drain excess fat, season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare your ‘burger sauce’ by mixing the mayo, ketchup, horshradish, coconut aminos and hot sauce (if using) in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To prepare each bowl, start with a base of lettuce, top with beef and remaining ingredients, finish with a drizzle of your ‘burger sauce’. Recipe will yield two large burger bowls or 4 more conservative servings.