Choosing a healthy lifestyle does NOT mean sacrificing your favorite fall treats! You can have your Pumpkin Spice Latte and drink it too!
We’ve shared with you recently just how healthy pumpkin is! It isn’t just a trendy fall food, it packs a healthy punch of immune-boosting vitamins (like Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E!), antioxidants, fiber and potassium!
Sadly, most foods that fall into the “pumpkin spice” craze have no more real pumpkin in them than a t-bone steak. It is just a marketing gimmick to grab your attention and entice you to purchase. Even if you manage to find a treat made with real pumpkin, you’re likely to overdose on sugar and bad fats that negate any benefits the pumpkin may have to offer.
Don’t skip the pumpkin treats altogether – just make them yourself! You can absolutely enjoy a delicious HEALTHY Pumpkin Spice Latte with a beautifully foamy topping – and you most likely have the ingredients in your fridge and pantry already. Bonus: it comes together faster than you can get through the coffee drive-thru!
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (substitute ¼ cup xyiltol or ¼ tsp powdered stevia)
- 1/2 tsp Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (sweetened with a few drops of liquid stevia)
- pecans, chopped (optional)
- 2 medium apples or pears, wedged
- Whip heavy cream with stevia (or your choice of sweetener)
- Combine pumpkin, sour cream, sweeteners, and cinnamon; whisk.
- Gently fold together whipped cream and pumpkin mixture.
- Pour mixture into chilled bowl and top with chopped pecans, if desired.
- Wedge apples or pears.
- Serve dip with cinnamon chips, grain-free crackers, apples or pear wedges