Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Number of Servings: 12
Gluten-free pumpkin muffins with coconut.
- 1 cups – organic pumpkin
- 4 – free-range eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cups – Vitol egg protein powder (www.iherb.com use my rewards code TEW379Â and get $5 off your order)
- 1/3 cups – organic flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons – cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons – pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cups – chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 teaspoons – stevia
- 6 tablespoons – coconut flour
- 1 teaspoons – baking soda
- 1 teaspoons – baking powder
- – Pinch salt (RealSalt seasalt)
- 1/2 cups – coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine beaten eggs and vanilla. Add pumpkin and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Mix all ingredients.
Spray Stoneware Muffin Pan with olive oil just in the bottom or line with paper muffin cups (do not use aluminum muffin pan). Divide batter into 12 muffins as evenly as possible, smooth batter on top.
Bake 20-25 minutes. Let muffins cool slightly and remove from muffin pan.
Replace nuts with grated carrots. Increase egg protein powder to 2/3 cup. Eliminate the baking powder, salt and flaxseed meal. Follow above instructions.
– See more at: http://dishdish.us/recipes/pumpkin-muffins/#.Vyt7TRUrK_A