Use this healthier version of a traditional sweet treat, making your own chocolate coating.
Main Ingredient: peanut butter
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Peanut Butter Middle
- 2/3 cups – homemade or natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1/4 cups – to 1/2 cup coconut flour, as needed
- 2 tablespoons – honey OR several drops of liquid stevia for sugar-free
- 3 ounces – unsweetened baking chocolate , chopped
- 1 tablespoons – virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons – to 3 Tablespoons raw honey (for sugar-free* use ONLY stevia liquid or powder, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoons – vanilla extract
Mix peanut butter and honey (or stevia) with coconut flour, using just enough flour to form a firm “dough” that holds together. Roll into 1-inch balls and place in freezer for several minutes to firm up.
Dip in chocolate if desired (see recipes below), then freeze again until chocolate is hardened.
Store peanut butter balls in fridge or freezer, as desired.
Melt the coconut oil and chocolate in a double-boiler. Add honey (or stevia for sugar-free*) until desired sweetness is reached; stir in vanilla extract.
Dip peanut butter balls in chocolate, gently swirling around with a spoon to coat. Then using a fork remove chocolate coated peanut butter ball. (Do not pierce the ball, but just gently lift out of the chocolate letting the excess chocolate drip off.) Follow remaining instructions in the recipes above.