ADVANCED DIET PLAN
- Hard boiled eggs
- Deviled eggs (ask Tammy for recipes if necessary)
- Lydia’s crackers (www.lydiasorganics.com)
- Yogurt – organic, plain, whole-fat
- Have a mini-meal as a snack (like chicken salad on lettuce)
- Raw cheese (great with olives)
- Raw nuts (or roast them yourself at 125)
- Avocado with veggies
- Salad shake (requires a very powerful blender)
- A small cup of soup
- Trail mix
- In the morning, have a small handful of berries
- Hummus, salsa, or Guacamole with veggies
- Ranch dip with veggies
- Celery with almond butter or cream cheese or hummus
- Almond flour cookies or breads made with stevia or xylitol
- Antipasto salad
- Pumpkin muffins (ask Tammy for the recipe)
- Small paleomeal shake
- Paleobars - I keep them in stock. There are the ONLY bars I've found with no processed sugar and no bad fats.
- Granny Smith apple with peanut butter or raw cheese
- Half a grapefruit
- A glass of coconut milk (SOdelicious brand, in the carton)
- Hot chocolate made w/ SOdelicious coconut milk w/cocoa & xylitol or stevia
- Beef jerky! BUT be sure it's grass-fed and doesn't have toxic ingredients. The ones we eat are available here . I prefer to make it myself with ground meat and a jerky press. We got ours at Bass Pro. Of course I threw away their packet of seasoning and made my own. Contact me for my recipe.
- Snap peas
- Red, Green or Yellow Bell Peppers
BASIC DIET PLAN
Fruit is a great morning snack
Mary’s crackers or twigs with nuts or with dips or spreads listed above
Organic raisins with nuts
Some stores carry granola made with acceptable fats; avoid those made with transfats
HIGH-FAT HEALING FOODS
When you need healing, need to reduce cellular inflammation, or if you’re pregnant or nursing, a high-fat diet is essential. Healthy fats are HEALING!!
Raw whole milk from a local sheep, goat or Jersey farm
I like to make homemade kefir with my raw milk and use it in my whey shake or with some nut mix.
Organic whole-fat plain yogurt (I like to have it with Breakfast Nut Mix, which you can find on the recipes page on our website)
Whey shake, make with canned (Thai) coconut milk, which is very high in very healthy fats – use our Designs for Health whey because it is from grass-fed cows and it cold-processed.
Raw cheese – the best source is www.tammystewart.mybeyondorganic.com, because the cows have A2 beta casein instead of A1 and because it is truly raw, never heated above the cow’s body temperature. 2nd best would probably be raw cheese from a local farm or local farmer’s market (in our area, Texas Daily Harvest is good). 3rd would be Organic Valley from the healthfood store. Have it with olives or a Granny Smith Apple.
Canned or jarred olives, but read the ingredients and get one without chemicals.
Avocado or guacamole (easiest recipe: add salsa, salt, and lime)
Artichoke spinach dip from the recipes page on our website – I can eat the whole recipe by myself with Mary’s crackers!
Chocolate ganache from the recipes page on our website, dip strawberries in it.
For guacamole or other dips, try them with Mary’s crackers. They have almost no grains and no bad fats. You could make your own cornchips with organic sprouted corn tortillas from the freezer section in the healthfood store. Sprinkle seasalt on the tortilla and bake it on a stone at 400 10-12 minutes till it is golden brown. If you don’t bake it long enough, it will be hard instead of crisp. But – beware of GMO corn. Even organic corn is at risk, so you should minimize the amount of corn you eat.
Amasai from www.tammystewart.mybeyondorganic.com
I love butter. I crave butter sometimes. But when I was a little girl at my grandmother’s house I would eat butter on a saltine, and that’s a very hard desire to overcome! I rarely eat grains, but for a special treat, I’ll get Udi’s sprouted wholegrain pretzels at Central Market or www.uniquesplits.com and eat a little bit of pretzel with a big hunk of butter. A much better choice is a pancake or muffin made with almond flour soaked with lots of butter (recipes on our website).
Cheese enchiladas – slices of raw cheddar inside folded organic corn tortillas (I like the bluecorn ones made by Central Market, again, eat corn sparingly) covered with homemade chili or homemade enchilada sauce and more cheese.
Grass-fed beef. Just brown it with some salt and dig in! Leave all that healthy fat in it, don’t drain off the fat.
Pastured eggs from the farmer’s market or local farmer – boiled, fried, scrambled – as soft (close to raw) as possible is best. Free range is 2nd best. Cage free is 3rd best. Cover it with grated raw cheese for a double treat?
Air-popped organic popcorn (again, eat corn sparingly) covered in melted butter and seasalt.
Grapeseed oil vegenaise is a good source of fat. Try the chicken broccoli casserole on our website – VERY fast and easy.
Quiche made with pastured eggs and raw cheese
Nuts – raw or home-roasted at about 100 degrees with olive oil and seasalt – super good with a hunk of cheese. I order mine from www.gilbertpecan.com for the best price.
Pumpkin pie – use the recipe on our website made with coconut milk.
Raw almond butter – Valencia peanut butter – eat it with a stick of celery.
Coconut macaroons made with stevia and xylitol instead of sugar
Ranch dip with veggies or Mary's crackers